Time Magazine released their inaugural list of the fifty most influential people in healthcare—dubbed the Health Care 50—and a solid portion of those recognized for transforming healthcare have ties to the biopharma space.
To select the fifty most influential people, among them physicians, scientists, and business and political leaders, Time Magazine’s health editors and reporters made nominations, which were then evaluated for their work on key factors, including originality, impact, and quality.
Notable honorees who are innovating healthcare through biopharma include:
- Bill and Melinda Gates, Philanthropists and Founders of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Scott Gottlieb, Commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- James P. Allison and Tasuku Honjo, Recipients of the 2018 Nobel Prize in Medicine
- David Sinclair, Professor of Genetics in the Department of Genetics at Harvard Medical School
- Anne Wojcicki, CEO of 23andMe
To view the full list of influencers, please click here.
Disclaimer: The viewpoint expressed in this article is the opinion of the author and is not necessarily the viewpoint of the owners or employees at Healthcare Staffing Innovations, LLC.