The healthcare workforce, like virtually every other industry, was greatly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, seeing staggering job losses as the virus—and the economic fallout associated with it—swept the nation. However, due to the ongoing pandemic, healthcare professionals are obviously essential in a way that most other workers currently are not, and hiring remains steady, with the healthcare industry adding back more than 250,000 jobs during July, August, and September.
Where is the demand for healthcare professionals the greatest, though? We analyzed data from our jobs website to determine what states currently have the highest inventory of openings. Here are the top three states where healthcare professionals are needed most.
Number of Openings in California: 6,665
Noteworthy Openings in California:
- Entry Level Pharmaceutical Sales Representative – Western Region – Los Angeles, CA
- Office Specialist – San Bernardino, CA
- Medical Assistant – Outpatient – (Med Asst) – Petaluma, CA
- LA County Teaching Hospital Seeks Pharmacy Operations Manager – Greater Los Angeles, CA
- Allied Recruiter – Internal – San Diego, CA
Number of Openings in Texas: 2,726
Noteworthy Openings in Texas:
- School Special Education Teacher for the Visually Impaired – Arlington, TX
- Controller, Revenue Cycle Management, Director, North Texas – Texas
- Medical Assistant Wellness Screening Travel Team – El Paso, TX
- District Manager, Oncology Supportive Care – Houston, TX
- Corporate Account Director – Dallas, TX
Number of Openings in Pennsylvania: 2,368
Noteworthy Openings in Pennsylvania:
- Hospital Sales Representative – Philadelphia, PA
- Front Office Assistant – Hermitage, PA
- Medical Assistant – O’Hara Township, PA
- VP, Legal Commercialization and Franchise Strategy – Philadelphia, PA
- 2021 Analytical Research & Development Intern – West Point, PA
Disclaimer: The viewpoint expressed in this article is the opinion of the author and is not necessarily the viewpoint of the owners or employees at Healthcare Staffing Innovations, LLC.